Talking about Iceland, what do you think of? It must be the stunning aurora!
This winter in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, you will have the chance to meet photography enthusiasts from all over the world! The aurora and all other beautiful scenes you captured may also become part of exhibition or be made into movies to let the locals to admire the beauty of the nature!
|SEEDS 005||28/1-6/2/2019||Photo Marathon & Aurora Hunting in Winter||18 or above|
|SEEDS 007||7-16/2/2019||Photography, Auroras & Lights Festival||18 or above|
|SEEDS 009||18-27/02/2019||Photography & Aurora Hunting in February||18 or above|
|SEEDS 011||28/2-9/3/2019||Photography & Aurora Hunting In March||18 or above|
Main duties (Please refer to the details on the application page)
– Exchanging ideas with international volunteers and the host about photography and different cultures
– Photographing aurora in the camp. Outstanding works will be displayed in an informal group exhibition and played in a local independent cinema.
Accommodation and food
– Participants will stay in an equipped house in Reykjavík, which is located about 4 kilometers from the centre of the city with basic facilities with a shower, kitchen and a washing machine.
– The group will sleep in shared rooms and shall bring their own sleeping bag.
– Participants will receive food supplies and be in charge of the cooking and cleaning activities.
– Visiting the capital Reykjavík
– Local markets and movies
Things to bring
– Participants should bring their own sleeping bags
– Personal photography equipment (Camera, lens, tripod) and laptop should be brought
– Sufficient clothing for staying warm (Down jacket, gloves and winter cap) – Participants should pay attention to weather forecast of the area
– Differ from regular workcamps, this series of workcamps focuses on learning and sharing. The host organization will assign voluntary work for participants depending on weather conditions and participants’ preference.
– Because of the irregularity of sunspots activity, there is no guarantee that the participants could see the aurora.
Application fee: HKD2850 + Camp fee: EUR350
【The host organization will provide accommodation and food. Participants need to arrive the meeting point themselves, and be responsible for the air tickets, local transportation and other personal expenses】
Other details will be provided 3 weeks before departure. Successful participants will receive email confirmation.
As there are many workcamps in Iceland, apart from the listed workcamp highlights, you may also search for other workcamps by our workcamp search engine.
[More workcamps in Iceland]
【About the host institution: 】