Nepal, where the highest mountain in the world – Mount Everest locates in. Apart from the magnificent natural environment, there are also cultural heritages and special customs here.
Yet, an strong earthquake with the magnitude of 7.8 stroke the country in 2015, destroying many old buildings and homes of Nepalese. Three years have passed, the damage of the earthquake still has not diminished. This time, when the flashlights of media have left Nepal, is indeed the moment when the Nepalese need most support.
However local community or kids and youths, they have different needs to be fulfilled. As a caring global citizen, it is time to unite to the local volunteers and help with post-disaster reconstructions. Together, we can make a difference!
Code and date:
VINWC19-09（19 – 30/6/2019）
Location: Tarakeshwor, Kathmandu
– Support the victims to rebuild earthquake resistant homes.
– Demolish the damaged structure, clear debris and manage it.
– Educate on safety issues of earthquake resistant houses.
Accommodation and Food:
– The volunteers will stay with the host family/hostel identified by VIN.
– The living facilities are simple and basic. Male and female volunteers will share the same living area with separate rooms.
– The volunteers sleep on simple beds / mattress. Please bring your sleeping bag.
– 3 meals a day are covered.
– Sightseeing at various cultural heritage sites around Kathmandu.
– VIN also organizes weekends travel tours to Chitwan Jungle Safari, Pokhara, Nagarkot at an additional cost if you are interested
HKD 1,850（Application Fee）+ EUR 230（Camp Fee – to be paid upon arrival）
Applying online from 1 May 2019 onwards, fee will be adjusted to HKD 2,350 (Application fee) + EUR 230 (Camp Fee)
【The host organization will provide accommodation and food. Participants need to arrive the meeting point themselves, and be responsible for the air tickets, local transportation and other personal expenses. 】
Details and Application:
VINWC19-09（19 – 30/6/2019）
1. Application Details
To know more about the application, please see our application Covenant.
2. Pre-camp Briefing
Date: 30/10/2018 (Tue) or 14/12/2018 (Fri) 7:00 pm
(VolTra will host more pre-camp briefings in 2019. Stay tuned!)
Location: VolTra Office (Flat A, 15/F, Success Industrial Building, 17 Sheung Hei St, San Po Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
3. Suggested Transportation
The nearest airport to the workcamp site is Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport （KTM)
|Code||Name||Date||Application and Details|
|VINWC19-02||Children Winter Camp||20 – 31/1/2019|
|VINWC19-03||Library Camp||4 – 15/2/2019|
|VINWC19-05||Environment & Culture||10 – 21/3/2019|
|VINWC19-06||Youth Personality Development||7 – 19/4/2019|
|VINWC19-07||Personality Development for Children||6 – 17/5/2019|
|VINWC19-08||Art and crafts with Children||6 – 18/6/2019|
|VINWC19-10||Personality Development for Children||19 – 30/6/2019|
*For the details and Cost of each workcamp, please refer to the links attached