Long Valley in Sheung Shui is the largest agricultural wetland in Hong Kong. By the time summer is coming, the first batch of rice has been reaped already!
Cheers for the harvest season!!
From concrete jungle to Long Valley paddy field, we will probe into ecological farming and pay an effort to strive for local agricultural industry together.
Every bit marks the hard work in harvesting. However, many others still don’t treasure the strenuous effort behind. Shall we challenge ourselves this summer by devoting in the only remaining paddle field in Long Valley? After a long day of harvesting, rice milling and granule drying, let’s relax on the straws while admiring the glorious Long Valley wetland sunset.
Workcamp Code: VTMV19-01
Location: Long Valley
Date : 20 JULY 2019 (Sat)
Quota: 30 volunteers
Fee: HKD 330
– Sustain eco-paddy rice farming and other types of wet farming in Long Valley to support wildlife and local farmers’ living
– Participate in harvesting and ecological monitoring work to support the environment and farmers’ living
– Learn and appreciate the importance of local agriculture and its relationship with ecology
CA, founded in 1968, is the non-government environmental organization with the longest history in Hong Kong. CA is dedicated to the protection of the environment and the conservation of natural and cultural heritage. Their mission is to enhance the quality of life of future generations and to ensure that Hong Kong shoulders her regional and global environmental responsibilities. CA achieve this by advocating appropriate policies, monitoring government action, promoting environmental education and taking a lead in community participation.
[Official Website: http://www.cahk.org.hk]
– Rice and crop harvesting
– Wildlife monitoring work
– Farmland maintenance
Please check the covenant here
Details for meeting and dismissal
Meeting Time : 9:30am @ Sheung Shui Ho Sheung Heung Han Ku Shek Ancestral Hall
Dismissal Time: 5:00p.m. @Sheung Shui Ho Sheung Heung
– Click into “Apply Here" to begin your application
– Please use PayPal/ Credit cards to proceed your application payment and then screenshot your transaction number
– Please fill in the application form with your English Name (same name as listed on your credit card) and the transaction number. Once you are done, you would receive confirmation email from us.
– If you could not attend the above activity due to personal affair, please let us know via email ([email protected]).
**If you encounter any difficulties after your payment, please screenshot it and email us as soon as possible.
**You are encouraged to use PayPal to proceed your payment as we would confirm the payments in PayPal.
– Successful applicants would receive our confirmation email.
– Please be prepared that the outdoor activities requires lots of physical strength.
– Please do some preparations to prevent mosquito bites.
– Participants would receive detail information two weeks before the activity starts.
– Actual working schedule depends on the weather and local conditions.