Or online application and payment (Only accept Visa / MasterCard)
*Problems report to [email protected]
Looking for the latest workcamp information? You may refer to our Workcamp Highlights to see our recommendation, or Search Workcamp directly on our Workcamp Search Engine, where you can interactively search for workcamps by country, date and project type.
Most workcamp organizations announce workcamp lists for the coming year in mid March each year. Summer is the peak season, so that if you want to apply for summer workcamps, better take action in March or April . The places go fast as the camps are open to all over the world. If you want to join the camps in the fall or winter period, please pay attention to the start date of the camps.You are recommended to summit your application 30 days before the camp starts (if the destination requires visa, earlier is better). The camps are on first-come-first serve basis. Application results are generally in 10-14 working days.
Since workcamps are open for applicants all over the world and their placement are generally first-come-first-serve, we recommend applicants to submit application 3 months in advance.
Please read thoroughly and make sure you understand all the information about application. Click here: online application and payment (Only accept Visa / MasterCard)
*Problems report to [email protected]
If you do not have credit cards, please contact us at [email protected] for other payment method.
Please note that the application Fee should be the highest amount among your workcamp choices . If you are eventually placed to a choice with a lower Application Fee, we will contact you to refund the payment difference. For example, if the Application Fees for your 1st and 2nd choices are HK$1,850 and HK$2,850 respectively, you should deposit HK$2,850.
1) Workcamp placement starts only when both Application Form and Application Fee have been received. In order to avoid any delay in placement, please make sure you deposit the correct amount of Application Fee before submission.
2) If you deposit payment to VolTra’s bank account by Telegraphic Transfer through a bank outside Hong Kong, you are required to pay the administrative fees charged by both banks.
3) Some workcamp description specifies that a Motivation Letter should be submitted by the applicants. If your first choice ofworkcamp requires this letter, please submit it together with your application.
4) Since the Hong Kong Police Force does not issue the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction under normal circumstances,VolTra does not arrange placement for any workcamp in which its workcamp description has specified the requirement of the Certificate of Good Conduct.
5) If you are under 18 years old, your parent or guardian is required to sign the Acknowledgement of Risks, Consent & Undertaking of Parent / Guardian. Please submit it together with your application.
6) If you choose workcamps in United Kingdom and the primary reason is to be a volunteer, you are required to obtain the Tier 5 Visa to enter the United Kingdom. Supporting letters of workcamp participation for visa application can be provided by the hosting workcamp organizations upon request. However, there is no guarantee on the approval of your visa application. Also, you are required to bear all costs incurred on visa application. Since application for the Tier 5 Visa normally requires a processing time of 2 months, you should submit your application form much earlier.
After VolTra has received your application and started workcamp placement, you will receive an Acknowledgement Email from VolTra.
Normally, you will receive our email on the status of placement within 14 days. If your first choice is not placed, we will immediately try to place your second choice without notification, vice versa. So, in a few cases, it may take more than a month to get acceptance. In case all choices are full, we will inform you to choose other workcamps.
Once your application has been accepted, you will receive an Acceptance Letter from VolTra by email. The letter will specify the name, the code, the dates and the location of your workcamp.
Some hosting workcamp organizations require applicants to complete Letter of Acceptance or Confirmation Slip. Please submit this information as appropriate.
Upon receipt the Acceptance Letter, you can start to prepare for your travel arrangement, including:
Air Tickets: Buy the air tickets immediately upon receipt of the Acceptance Letter but no need to wait for the Information Sheet. You are required to complete and submit the Flight Schedule once the flight schedule has been confirmed.
Travel Insurance: Make sure you have bought travel and medical insurance before joining your workcamp.
Visa: Supporting letters of workcamp participation for visa application can be provided by the hosting workcamp organizations upon request. However, there is no guarantee on the approval of your visa application.
Vaccination: Consult your doctor and check if compulsory vaccination is needed for the country you will go.
Normally, you will receive the Information Sheet about 1 month prior to the workcamp commencement date. The Information Sheet will specify the detailed information about work schedule, meeting point and time, transportation, accommodation and meal, things to bring, emergency contact, etc.
Completion of your workcamp is not an end.
Within one month after completion of your workcamp, please complete the Workcamp Evaluation Form and submit to VolTra. Upon receipt of your completed Evaluation Form, if you request so, VolTra will issue you a Certificate of Participation for workcamp (PDF format). You can pick it up at our office . Please inform us by email.
Your sharing helps extend the impact and spirit of workcamp to other people. VolTra cordially invite you to provide us with photos, sharing essays as well as video to share your experience. You may even be invited to be the guest speakers in our seminars or interviewees in the mass media. If you have interest to share with us, please send us an email at [email protected].